Old May 11th 09, 04:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

Default {{ HAIRBALLS }}

In article ,
dgk wrote:
On 08 May 2009 15:24:04 GMT, (Claude V. Lucas)
wrote:

In article ,
Gloria wrote:
Do your cats have many? Do you feed them special hairball med or use
some cat food that is suppose to help? The hairball meds......I've tried
SEVERAL different ones, and none of my cats liked it and refused to lick
it off the tube like they say they do.

Bubba the Maine Coon (RIP) liked Petromalt. Of course, he liked pretty
much anything that would fit in his mouth. Rascal the Maine Coon doesn't
care for it, but she likes Whiskas Temptations and gets a few a day and shows
no hint of hairball issues. She doesn't seem to shed as much as he, though.

Those Temptations are evil. Espy barely eats dinner and runs over to
the treat station (my bed). I make him go back and finish his supper.
Nipsy is also a big fan. Marlo likes them but not enough to skip
supper.

I'm sure Rascal would like nothing better than a diet of Hairball Temptations
with Fancy Feast for dessert, but it's not gonna happen...

If I rattle the bag, it'll draw her from the deepest snooze in
the farthest corner of the house.

As for hairballs, none of my cats really have them too much. They do
like to munch grass though and then will sometimes cough one up.
Someone once told me that they eat grass so that they will bring up
hairballs. Seems likely.

If your cats don't go outside (mine are pretty safely fenced into my
yard) then I suggest you get some cat grass for inside. It does seem
to keep them regular.

It's *really* easy to grow a few containers of cat grass. The seeds
are cheap too. If someone with *my* brown thumb can do it... Her Majesty
seems to like it too...