Old February 7th 08, 02:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

Default Nipsy drags his butt across the floor

On 6 Feb, 05:23, dgk wrote:
I noticed Nipsy (3 yo long hair) pulling himself across the wood floor
with his front legs and I started to panic thinking that his rear legs
were paralyzed. I was already mentally driving to the emergency vet.
Then as I got up, so did he, and proceeded to walk across the floor
normally.

I've very occasionally seen cats do this when they get a bit of poop
stuck to their fur that they can't get off by any method other than
dragging their butt along the ground. In our household this is a cue
to grab some TP and remove the offending poop from their butt- the
things we do for them!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs