Old March 21st 11, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

Default 16 yr. old cat constantly throwing up

"B" wrote in message
My cat is 16 yrs. old and for the past several months constantly
throws up. The vet did some blood work and his sugar was a little
high, which she attributed to the stress of the visit. His kidney
function is slowing down a bit and now she wants to take a urine
sample. She has changed his food to a type that can only be bought at
the office and is a gastroenteric formula. The food is not cheap, $34
for a case of canned and $28 for a 6# bag of dry food. I don't know
what to do for him; there are times that he doesn't seem to know where
he is or who I am. Is some of this just part of the "aging process"?
He is an indoor cat, up to date on his shots and has never been sick.
I really don't know what more to do for him. Has anyone else faced
this problem or had a similar situation w/their cat?

Did he check for thyroid problems also?. Some vets only do a partial panel
for blood and not a full work up.

Sorry about the furball I lost my beloved Phantom at age 16. He was at
that point that I needed to help him cross the bridge.

Since he is having problems with his kidneys IMO try to stay away from the
dry food Your cat is equal to a 81 year old human. Let us know what the
results of the urine testing is. I might shed so more light on the
situation