Old October 17th 03, 11:12 PM
Karen M.

MaryL wrote:
How large is your litter box? Duffy did that for awhile (my blind cat
adopted several months ago). Megan suggested a larger and deeper box. I
was already using the VanNess "large" box, so I bought one of the
extra-large boxes with hoods and discarded the hood. The box is deeper than
the one I was using. That did it! Duffy's tail end was apparently hanging
over the other box and urine would drip to the floor. I haven't had any
problems since.

Of course, all of this presumes that there are no medical problems. It is
always important to first rule out urinary tract infections. I would have
particular concerns in this area since you say she was also peeing in the
cat bed until it was removed (whereas Duffy was simply "missing" the box).

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
http://tinyurl.com/8y54 (Introducing Duffy to Holly)
http://tinyurl.com/8y56 (Duffy and Holly "settle in")

Hey MaryL,
I don't *think* it's the size, I just switched them to a larger one and
Harley is "fitting" just fine. I think it's started out medical and
now she's used to eliminating other places. Her original rescuer is
coming tomorrow to take both her and Harley for a check-up at the vet
her group uses and I just appraised her of the latest situation. We'll
get this nipped in the bud. Incidentally, Sharon Talbert from this group
just alerted me to a new kind of litter -

Dr. Elsey's Cat Attract Cat Litter -
"Developed by veterinarian in a feline-only practice, Cat Attract Litter
is designed to make it easier to get cats of all ages trained or
re-trained to use the litterbox. This clay-based clumping litter has
just the right texture, particle size and a unique herbal scent which is
proven to attract cats. It is scoopable, 99% dust free and contains
chlorophyll for natural odor control. Each bag includes a booklet with
step-by-step instructions for using Cat Attract and useful tips for
getting any cat to use the litter box. Also includes an unconditional
manufacturer's guarantee."

How cool is that for a resource?