Old May 28th 04, 03:17 AM
Kreisleriana

On 27 May 2004 15:42:52 -0700,
(CajunPrincess) yodeled:

I adopted Sabastian and Kona as adults, meaning they both have a
"past".

(snip)

Stinky was found on the subway tracks in a subway station in upper
Manhattan. A kind man jumped down, coaxed Stinky to him, brought him
back up, and I put him in my canvas tote bag and took him home. Then
right to the vet for worming, etc. Poor baby was very wormy, and had
a rhino infection. The vet said he was about six months old, so he
was neutered as soon as the infection cleared up. He charmed everyone
there. When I came to get him after his operation, the tech lady
said, "Oh, him-- we all love him!! He's the sweetest little fella."

He was sweet, trusting and friendly from the beginning. There are
feral cats living in the subway tunnels, but they are just that,
feral. I don't think he was born down there, or he would have run
away. He was obviously not afraid of people, although maybe he should
have been. I'm afraid it was that trusting nature that landed him on
that subway track, the victim of some sick person.

That was thirteen years ago. I don't really like to think about how I
found him.. It seems very unreal to me now. It was clear from the
very beginning that he was a people cat, who belonged in a home with
people, that he was meant to be somebody's companion, and spoiled
little darling. The way I found him makes no sense, but there you go.

Theresa
My Blog:
http://www.humanitas.blogspot.com