Old July 30th 03, 01:17 AM
Cheryl

Default Calci virus

"PattyC" wrote in message
Hi all,

A friend of mine has somehow taken in a kitten who has Calci virus.

She has
3 other indoor cats. She's been keeping the kitten separate, and

the kitten
is being treated for sores in his mouth.

She wanted me to ask you guys, can this kitty ever join the others,

or is
this something that will endanger her own kids. (Yes, she can ask

the vet
next time, but the vet she saw initially was the emergency vet, and

she
forgot to ask there.)

PattyC

That is a very common shelter illness and those I know who foster
kittens have had them make a full recovery. But it is HIGHLY
contageous (SP?). That is one of those virii that you wash everything
the cat comes in contact with in a bleach/water mixture, and you also
wash your hands with it. Remove all clothes you wear while in contact
with the cat and wear tennis shoes and dip shoed-feet in water/bleach
before leaving the separate area. It's that bad. I have never heard
of it transmitted to humans but someone else may know better.