Old May 23rd 09, 11:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
peter[_2_]

Default discouraging unwanted behavior in 1yo siamese

hi,

i grow up with Siamese and we recently added one to our herd of two
other cats. the new one, annie foghorn (annie because she looked
anorexic and foghorn because she was in heat when we got her. she has
been fixed), has taken to vigorously squalling and pawing our bedroom
door at increasingly early times, today was 4:30 am. she also does this
to get in/out of the house. we do not "listen" to this behavior and do
not let her in/out until a few minutes after she stops.

i have taken to putting a bit of food out to catch her and put her out.

the other cats wait patiently to be fed or to go in/out. any suggestions
on eliminating this behavior?

peter