Old January 22nd 05, 08:48 PM
Jean B.

Karen Chuplis wrote:

in article , Jean B. at wrote on
1/22/05 8:42AM:

---MIKE--- wrote:

This sounds like all the symptoms of a blockage. DON'T wait until
Monday. Take him to an emergency vet right away. If you wait, you
could lose him!

---MIKE---

Yup! I have an appointment for ca an hour from now at an
emergency vet hospital. To the degree I do things right and
quickly, it is because I have absorbed things from this group.
(Thank goodness!)

Poor baby. It is about zero here, and we have a blizzard warning
starting at noon.... Good timing, but I just have to take care of
Mingy, who hates the vet and is going to hate this whole
experience.

Poor Mingy. I'm glad you found a vet!!! He would hate it worse if he could
not get help. Keep us posted.

Yes, I figure this is like dealing with a baby, who you can't
explain things to. He doesn't understand, but it has to be done.
The tech thought he wasn't blocked, but it turned out he was
partially blocked, and it was wise to unblock him and leave him
overnight*, with an catheter and an IV. So that is what I have
done. The big problems are 1) he is so shy and scared of other
cats, this this has to be extremely traumatic for him, and 2) this
is complicated by the fact that we are about to be hit by a major
blizzard in the Boston area, so I am not sure I will even be able
to rescue him tomorrow, if they say he can come home. I have
already warned my friend that if he can come home, and it is
humanly possible to get him, I will need help doing so. (He is a
lot more comfortable driving in the snow than I am.)

I have to say I was very upset when I got this news, because I
know this is going to be so hard for Mingy.... I guess they see a
lot of this though................
--
Jean B.