Old January 25th 04, 03:38 PM
Wendy

Do you know who the black cat belongs to? If you do you might talk to the
owner and ask if they could keep their kitty home. Tell them that he is
injuring your cat on your property.

If it's a stray you could trap it (as long as you're sure it's a stray) and
turn it over to a rescue group. I'd check with the rescue people before
trapping it to make sure they can take it then.

You might consider building a fenced enclosure where Scamp can enjoy the
fresh air without meeting up with Mr. Black Cat Bully.

Or you could keep Scamp inside. They do get a little older and slower and
start losing the fights they used to win.

"Teddy" wrote in message
A large black cat has been coming into my yard and beating up my white
fixed male, Scamp. Scamp tries to chase it away and sometimes it just
jumps him. This last time I had to take Scamp to the vet for his
injuries. Any solution besides chasing the black cat away? Scamp BEGS to
go out but I've kept him inside as he is still healing.