Old January 6th 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Cat Allergies And Itching?

On Jan 6, 11:50 am, "Cat Protector" wrote:
wrote in message

I was the one that posted about the swelling on my cats bottom lip and
chin. It was suggested it might be an allergy to his plastic dishes or
food. Wouldn't such allergies cause itching though? Still trying to
figure out what's going on with him. I'm not encouraged about reading
about vets not helping and giving things that might harm cats such as
cortisone shots.

Have you tried taking this cat to the vet to find out which allergy he has?
They can diagnose whether or not it is the plastic dishes or not. You can't
let someone else's poor experience at a vet prevent you from going to yours
and having it diagnosed especially if they're good. My cats at one time had
plastic water dishes and did just fine.

Thanks guys! He was fine for over 3 years with those plastic water and
feed dishes, but I got him stainless ones anyway. They were old and
used before, but I didn't realize the bacteria issues. He's eating
from glass ones now until they come. It's just that there seems to be
a link between diabetes and steroids, so I'm very concerned. I will
take him next week, when I'm back to where he is, if it doesn't look
any better. I don't live with the cat all the time.