Old July 16th 09, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S

Default Pooping on the floor

I hope you are kidding about putting him outside. . .

I am not sure why your vet would suggest a high fiber food, unless he
thought your cat was constipated. IMO he should have a wet, grain free
diet (NO dry).

I would add at least one more box, possibly two in new location, He
might not like the location of one of the boxes. Also, what kind of
litter do you use? Try an unscented litter, or set out some boxes with
different kinds of litter to see what he likes. You can also try a
brand of litter called Cat Attract, which has an herbal additive
designed to lure cats back to their boxes (it does help, I've used
it).

Also, are any of your boxes covered? If yes, remove the covers to see
if that helps.

How often do you scoop your boxes? MINIMUM once per day, twice is much
better.

Remove any and all items from your floor to lessen the temptation.
Clean any soiled areas thoroughly with an enzymatic cleaner such as
Petzyme.