Old September 27th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Health purrs please

Karen wrote:

That sure sounds like GERD to me. Purrs that the prilosec works! My mom and
sister have it. Smaller meals seem to help. Not eating a while before bed
seems to also.

Is GERD the same thing as acid reflux?

I've been wondering if I might have the same thing, although my symptoms
are very different. I don't have anything Karen described, but I have had
some intense, stabbing pains in my esophagus about half an hour after
eating, especially if I recline shortly after eating (which I often do,
because I watch TV while eating, and I often stay and finish watching the
episode after I'm done eating. The pains would go away as soon as I ate
something bland, like yogurt.

I've cut down on drinking tea this week and it hasn't been bothering me
as much.

I've occasionally woken up gasping for breath and from dreaming that I was
choking, but I think that's post-nasal drip, not stomach acid. But who knows?

Does anyone with GERD/acid reflux have stabbing pains in the upper
esophagus after eating?

Purrs for the prilosec to help you feel better, Karen!

Joyce