Old May 26th 08, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

Default Finding a summer home for Chloe

"John Ross Mc Master" wrote in message
Advertise in your local paper. Say you'll pay $100/month for someone
to look after your baby.
Also contact shelters. Ask them if they have a foster person who would
look after kitty for a small donation.

On Sun, 25 May 2008 15:11:15 -0500, Brian Link wrote:

My son's ex-girlfriend has to move out of her University apartment
here in St. Paul very soon. She'll be summering in a spot that doesn't
allow pets, but moving to a pet-friendly apartment in the Fall.

We've exhausted options of friends to take Chloe. She's a wonderful
cat, but can't live successfully with other pets; so we can't help
out.

Are there any outfits that deal with this type of situation? The
kennels I've researched are fairly expensive, and not really a
pleasant situation for three months. Are there foster homes? Who
should I contact to get more ideas?

Thanks

BLink
"God created all tribes of men, and certainly had a righteous purpose in
creating each"
- Geronimo

Advertising in a paper is a terrible idea -- in the same way as it would be
a terrible idea to advertise for someone to care for an infant. This could
have very good results, but it could equally well end in disaster. If they
are looking for someone to care for the pet and are willing to pay for it,
it would be a much better idea to check with local vets and ask about pet
sitters or to check with *trustworthy* friends for references. Rescue
groups often have foster programs, but they are usually too full to simply
accept a cat that already had a home but needs someone to care for the cat
while this woman is "summering" for three months. I go on vacation every
summer (two weeks instead of three months), and I have an excellent pet
sitter who comes into my house twice a day. That way, my two furbabies
still have their normal environment, and Susie is a fantastic "another me"
for those two weeks.

MaryL