Old May 21st 04, 08:16 PM
Takayuki

"Tigger" wrote:

Our oldest cat is deathly afraid of the Goldfish. It's not so much
afraid of the fish, as afraid of seeing them under the water. She's an
avid mouser, so it's not fear of the fish.

We got her from a cat rescue place a few years back. It seemed that she
had a home, but decided to leave. She was petrified of the TV for well
over a year and would not get up on your lap for almost two years. She
also runs at the sight of the broom. I think you're geting the picture
now. Likely chased off the furniture with a broom and associated the TV
with the Living Room.

The fish fear is a little harder to explain. When we first got her she
got very upset at the sound of running water in the bathtub and would
pace outside the door until you were finished your bath. She would also
look in the bathtub when you were finished. The only conclusion I can
reach is that her previous 'owner' had drowned her kittens in the
bathtub. She was not spade when we got her and had given birth several
times. Might just be a failed bathing experience, but I don't think so,

Opinions.

Maybe the broom is a sign of abuse, but the bath thing sounds very
common. A lot of kitties get upset at their slaves taking baths,
and/or like to examine the bathtub afterwards.

Betty isn't one of those, though. She knows she's not allowed in the
bathroom, and she doesn't seem to care about water, or brooms. She's
afraid of the vacuum cleaner, lawn mower, and lawn spreader.