Old May 22nd 04, 03:47 AM
Marina

"Takayuki" wrote

Maybe the broom is a sign of abuse, but the bath thing sounds very
common. A lot of kitties get upset at their slaves taking baths,
and/or like to examine the bathtub afterwards.

That's true. Frank is always very worried when I go for my morning dips out
on the island. He follows me onto the jetty and talks to me all the time. In
16 years, he still hasn't learned to accept that hoomins like to get wet.
He's not afraid of the water. He often sits quite close and watches while I
shower.

One thing he is afraid of is rolled-up newspapers. He was five months old
when he came to me, and had been in two families before me. It had not
"worked out" with one family, and the other discovered their daughter was
allergic. I think the first family may have thought that hitting with a
rolled-up newspaper would be a good way to subdue a young hoolikitten. (
He is 16 now, and he still hasn't forgotten.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki