Old October 8th 04, 10:52 AM
Phil P.

"blkcatgal" wrote in message
My year old cat got into some mayonnaise that was on the kitchen counter

and
ate some of it. About a hour after he ate the mayo, he threw up and you
could see some of the remnants of the mayo.

Is mayonnaise bad for cats? I read the ingredients and they included

dried
garlic and dried onion which I know isn't good for cats.

*Any* form of onion is a no no for cats - can cause hemolytic anemia. How
far down were onions listed on the ingredients list? How much did your cat
eat?

Also, gotta watch high fat treats because they cause a imbalance in the
cat's caloric intake. If they eat too much fat they'll meet their energy
needs and stop eating before their nutritional needs are met.

Phil