Old November 15th 05, 03:00 PM
5cats

Default Getting our two cats to accept eachother - Moving in a new cat

Muffin McMuff from Mullaghduff wrote:

5cats wrote:
Muffin McMuff from Mullaghduff wrote:

We are worried that when they eventually DO get on
(hopes) that my cat will become fat, and his cat will
get thin, because my cat will eat
all her food as shes a nibbler, and he's a nosh it all
up at once ype! Any tips on this?

I've got one of those greedy nibbler types and the only
thing that's worked for him is to stop free-feeding and
feed them separately.

I feed my cat once in the morning and once in the evening, and he
scoffs the lot in one go, it takes him about 4 minutes..

His cat will lick a bit of it and wander off and eat bits throughout
the day, and she always leaves some!. Are you suggesting, I re-train
her, and remove the food bowl when the time is up?

:-)

Not yet, but it's something to think about if undesirable weight changes
occur in the future.