Old November 16th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Catjoy via CatKB.com

Default Male cat acting like he's in heat

Awwww! She sounds like such a sweetie. Congratulations, and I am glad
to hear that you are keeping her..who knows what her fate might have been had
you not taken her in. Just another little tidbit of advice, when you get her
seen by the Humane Society, I'd recommend you get her tested for FIV and
feline leukemia as well.

All the best,
Jan

Elvis Fan wrote:
Thank you very much.
I took my hubby's word for the fact that it

[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
glad your male, whom she is all hubba-hubba for, is
fixed!!

I have already contacted the Humane Society and they
have told me how to come in and fill out the application
for a discount spay/neuter from a list of vets that they
will provide.
My own vet for my Maine Coon has raised her prices
through the roof.

This little cat was exceptionally clean, no fleas or ear mites,
no worm symptoms, clear eyes, etc.

She is extremely affectionate, even before her hormones
kicked in.
When I am on the sofa with my laptop she jumps up and
crawls on my chest and lays her head down while her hind
legs are dangling, it's so cute.

She eats like a horse and I can only feed her small amounts
frequently or she would keep eating until she exploded.
I also have to feed my MC in the bathroom or she would
eat his food too.

They are quite a pair and I think having a playmate will be
so beneficial for my 20 pounder.......he's actually getting some
exercise now!

I've been reading this group for years and I appreciate all of
the knowledge that's here.

Thanks again!