Old July 14th 03, 03:27 AM
Cheryl

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
in article , P.D. at
wrote on 7/13/03 10:02 AM:

thanks for the info. I do have 2 rather large scratching posts

now that
have rope or something wrapped around them. They do use it quite

often, but
still go back to the couch sometimes.

If i were you, I'd invest in a bunch of sticky paws sheets and put

it on the
new furniture. If from the beginning, these pieces are undesirable,

they
will focus on their trees and learn not to scratch the new

furniutre.

Karen

I have to report that I just bought a new leather sectional and not
only do my cats not scratch it (yet) they don't even like to sit on
it. They will sit on the floor next to it and though this may wear
off (the newness) they still have an old recliner that I didn't
dispose of (even if it looks ugly in the room now) they love to
scratch the hell out of that. They definately know what is
"theirs".