Old April 4th 05, 09:22 AM
Phil P.

"bookbug2005" wrote in message
oups.com...
My cat, Charley, is 6 months old, energetic, and by all accounts
healthy. However, lately he's begun vomiting in the morning after he
first eats his kitten chow. I think what is happening is that he
snarfs it down, drinks some water, then the kitten chow expands in his
stomach, and up it comes. Although it is rare, he's done it other
times in of the day. All occurrences seem to happen when he's not
eaten in awhile (although I leave kitten chow available to him 24/7).
Charley does not seem sick in the least. Just wondered if anyone else
had experience with this? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Michelle

Has he been to the vet to rule out possible medical causes? That should be
the first step. Vomiting shortly after eating could be a sign of a
gastrointestinal obstruction.

If the vet gives him a clean bill of health, I think you should make a
serious effort to switch him over to canned food while he's still young.
Changing food textures gets more difficult as cats get older. Not only will
canned food probably help his digestive problems, it will certainly reduce
the risks of potentially fatal urinary tract obstructions and other lower
urinary tract disorders.

You might also want to try placing small portions of his daily diet in
several different locations. This will force him to eat a little at a time.

But first things first. I'd let the vet have a look at him.

Best of luck.

Phil