Old April 4th 05, 01:39 PM

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 11:20:59 GMT, BC wrote:

bjdbrad wrote:
My vet my breeder and many times in this and other forums I have been
told that until one year of age you should free feed your kitten. If
this is fact that should stop him from gorging himself on a morning
meal. Myself I would do anything to keep from feeding them canned food,
you may never be able to ween him off of the canned back to the dry.

Personally I ALWAYS feed a mix of both, constant supply of dry and wet
food twice a day. I've read good and bad for both types and see this as
the best way to keep a balance.

Isn't this the feeding method the original poster already had in
place?

I questioned my vet about his recommendation of an all canned food
diet, too. I always thought cats (dogs, too) needed the crunch of
hard food for dental health. my vet said if that was a concern to me,
eventually I could try to incorporate a little dry food back into my
cat's diet, but that it wasn't necessary. I was also surprised when
my vet recommended Friskies canned instead of the expensive Science
Diet type foods, but since I go to a low cost clinic, he probably knew
I wasn't going to be able to buy the high priced stuff.

pepsi