Old November 10th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

Default adopting behaviour of another cat?

"ABC" wrote

Shortly after the departure of his brother(cat "D") there is a
distinctive change of behaviour in the surviving cat(cat "S"). He
started to do what D used to do-----As owner I can tell you, S never
did these things. They are totally habits of D-----meowing loudly for

I am new to this group and I am asking for help. Is there an
explanation for this? Is he just so used to have those behaviour
around so he is mimicking ??? Is there anything I should do?

It's ok, he just misses his lifemate. There's nothing you should do other
than love him for his remaining years. At 20, sadly there will not be all
that many left.

K. Wong
Hong Kong

;-) I love Hong Kong. Been there many times.