Old May 28th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Loss of fur due to scratching

We have a 6 1/2 year old female who tends to scratch the fur off her skin in
areas on her back, sides, and rear underbelly around her legs. We have taken
her to the Vet. He gave her a temporary solution of a cortisone shot. He
also recommended flea drops instead of the collars we were using. We use the
flea drops now on all our cats. What is weird is that her 2 daughters are
fine and not doing this excessive scratching. I cannot afford to shuttle her
to the Vet every time she loses hair.