Old October 25th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default How to....outdoor to indoor

"J.King" wrote in message
Hi

I took in a huge stray male cat almost 2 years ago. He was hanging around
my barn for about 2 years before I befriended him and he adopted me. I've
always had inside cats. This one goes out. I'm a worrier (about my
animals). I worry as soon as I lose sight of him. Is it possible to make
an indoor cat out of a stray who lives to go outside????

Yes! Here is how you do it: Keep the door closed.

Just playing. Your cat might yell and complain, but he will get used to it.
Make sure he has good window perches and plenty of play, and hiding
places. If he bothers you at night, keeping you awake telling you he wants
to go out, you may have to confine him to a comfy room with box, food,
water,
and toys at night. If he is really loud and your place is very small you
might need
to get a big Hepa filter and keep that by your bed to drown him out.

I really appreciate your caring enough about your cat to decide to keep him
safe. Outside life for cats is overrated. They spend as much time out there
sleeping as they would inside.