Old September 17th 18, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
joy

Default Hurricane

On 9/16/2018 1:12 PM, Bill Nak wrote:

"Tina"Â* wrote in message ...

On 16/09/2018 02:46, Bill Nak wrote:

"Tina"Â* wrote in message ...

On 15/09/2018 17:21, jmcquown wrote:
On 9/15/2018 11:58 AM, Tina wrote:

I'm fairly sure he will have made certain he and his family are safe
but it's still a bit worrying. I can't find out from my uncle (his
father) or his brother as there's a bit of a family feud going on.
Ridiculous, should have been sorted out 10 years ago, IMO.

Okay.

Purrs for everyone in danger. I heard that people were being told to
write their names on their arms so their bodies could be identified,
OMG.

Wow. That's totally incorrect.Â* I have been watching the news on many
channels and the National Hurricane Center online.Â* Keeping an eye on
the storm.Â* Nowhere, at no time, was anyone told to write their names
on their arms in case they were found dead.Â* Where did you come up
with that piece of misinformation?!

Jill

Well, perhaps the BBC is wrong, but I saw it on there.Â* I saw an
American, sherriff sort of person say "put your names on your arms" on
BBC news.

Cannot speak to what you saw on BBC, but I saw a Facebook post the
other day illustrating how to
put your name and address on your pets leg in case they become separated.

--
bill n

It's better to have them microchipped, Bill.

Very true, Tina.Â* All of mine are.Â* My thought is in such a severe
situation it's just another layer of security!

That's a good point. If the power is out, the chips probably couldn't
be read.