Old September 18th 18, 10:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Hurricane

On 9/16/2018 8:50 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 16 Sep 2018 13:46:17 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 9/16/2018 12:07 PM, Tina wrote:
On 16/09/2018 14:41, jmcquown wrote:
On 9/15/2018 3:02 PM, Tina wrote:
On 15/09/2018 17:21, jmcquown wrote:
On 9/15/2018 11:58 AM, Tina wrote:

I'm fairly sure he will have made certain he and his family are
safe but it's still a bit worrying. I can't find out from my uncle
(his father) or his brother as there's a bit of a family feud going
on. Ridiculous, should have been sorted out 10 years ago, IMO.

Okay.

Purrs for everyone in danger. I heard that people were being told
to write their names on their arms so their bodies could be
identified, OMG.

Wow. That's totally incorrect.Â* I have been watching the news on
many channels and the National Hurricane Center online.Â* Keeping an
eye on the storm.Â* Nowhere, at no time, was anyone told to write
their names on their arms in case they were found dead.Â* Where did
you come up with that piece of misinformation?!

Jill

Â*From the BBC,Â* they are rarely wrong. They had a reporter in
Wilmington and that's what he said was advised, I saw it myself live
on TV.

My apologies to you.Â* I Googled it and you are correct.Â* It just
sounded so odd.Â* Mea culpa!

Jill

Apology accepted. It did sound odd but it just proves the very severe
conditions that are going on in NC. That they thought that was necessary
is just awful.

Very severe. Even though the storm isn't in my area I've been watching
the reports. Purrs for you cousin and his family. If you haven't heard
from him I hope you will, very soon.

Jill

Jill I'm glad you didn't end up in the path of the storm but I cannot
believe you didn't at least get some very nasty weather from it..

It *sprinkled* one afternoon. The hurricane hit waaaay to the north of
us. The weather maps sure made it look like the storm was right here
but there wasn't even any fallout from it.

Jill