Old July 24th 09, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

Default how many meals?

"calvin" wrote in message
On Jul 24, 11:52 am, Rene S wrote:
Two meals per day, about 12 hours apart. After 20 minutes or so, I
take away the plates and no food until next meal (though they are
almost always empty). I feed wet (canned and raw), NO dry.

Three meals a day (multiple flavors of Fancy Feast) plus
dry treats ('elevensies') just before my bedtime. Also they
(seven cats) have round-the-clock dry food to munch on
whenever they like, plus several water bowls, refreshed
daily. I'm spoiling them? You bet, and we all love it.

The problem with dry food is that it isn't "spoiling" them. Cats should not
have carbs. There is a much higher incidence of diabetes and other health
problems in cats that are fed dry food.

Mine get Wellness canned food twice a day, 12 hours apart. They also get
occasional treats, but they are healthy treats that the cats also
love--their favorite is chicken Liv-A-Littles (freeze dried chicken).

MaryL