Old July 9th 03, 02:50 PM
Nord Stjern

Default Question about lactating cat

I trapped a stray this morning, who is still lactating. I was unable
to locate the kittens to determine how old they are - but it must
either be a small litter, or they are already older, as she is only
lactating from two or three of her mammary glands. The cat is
currently at the vet, they agreed to spay her right away so that she
could be re-released asap. Anyone willing to make a prediction about
how long the kittens can survive without her, depending on their age?
What's the minimum time (under these circumstances) that I should keep
her in recovery? Until she is fully awake, or 24 hours?

Nordstjern