Old August 12th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default Catnipped's new cat tree

CatNipped wrote:
"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message

I can't find the thread again, so I'll have to post seperately... I
just watched the video of your furry friends exploring their new cat
tree. How cute! It looks like the boys are going to grow up to be VERY
big cats (either that or Jesse is remarkably small...) Looks like they
love that new tree!

No, I'd say that Jessie is about average - she's 7.5 to 8.0 pounds. I think
the boys might be big - if they grown into their ears and tails - but the
are very, very lean cats, almost like Abyssinians , like this
http://tinyurl.com/2fsb59

I get the impression that "average" size for UK cats is
somewhat smaller than in the U.S. The only cat I ever had
who weighed less than ten pounds was Paraclete (born to a
mother who was an FLV carrier).(1) I think most of us here
regard ten to twelve pounds as "average", although Melisande
(who doesn't seem particularly large) weights closer to
fourteen. Patches was about eighteen short-hair pounds of
pure muscle, and I've known non-obese cats who weighed as
much as twenty.

(1) They didn't test for such things, back then, but that's
what her grandmother died of, and my vet had told me the
daughter "might be a carrier". ....Told me AFTER Paraclete
was born, of course - I had assumed an indoor cat couldn't
get pregnant, so didn't need to be spayed. (I hadn't
reckoned on the determination of a female cat in heat, so
mama-to-be got out and returned with incipient kittens.)