Old September 17th 03, 05:04 AM
Brenda Watkins

"Tanada" wrote in message
Tomorrow, today, September 17 is Rob's last day in the army. It seems
strange to know that we won't have the same life that we were used to.
True, this last year has been different than before, but there was still
the thought that Rob was in the military.

No more field problems with Rob coming home, hot, tired, dusty, muddy,
happy, irritated or complaining about whatever went wrong.

No more family support group meetings with women who understood when I
said something like, "I need to get the wash machine fixed before Rob
goes TDY next week, or it will break down."

No more Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Organization day parties/picnics.
No more overcooked hamburgers or half cooked chicken that is almost gone
anyway by the stampede of single soldiers forcing their way in line
anyway.

No more 4 am wake ups to take Rob to work because one of our vehicles is
on the fritz.

No more picking Rob up from work at 11 pm because some test pilot
decided that he was bored and wanted to test fly at 6 pm.

No more Christmases, birthdays, anniversaries, and other holidays with
him halfway around the world from us.

No more single parenthood.

No more loads of olive underwear, chameleon (camouflage) uniforms,
Lizard (flight) suits, or brown T-shirts.

No more worrying that he'll be caught in a helicopter crash, die
traveling between home or work, or that he'll be deployed and I won't
get to say good-bye.

No more complaints about his job, hours, cold feet, wet feet, lights on
at weird hours, or any of the other complaints I used to have abut his
work.

So why in the h*ll am I so sad?

Pam S.

change has a way of making us feel sad sometimes, even though the change is
for the better. Don't worry, Pam - it'll pass once you've "adjusted" to the
new.

hugs,
Brenda