Old July 19th 04, 06:04 AM
jamie

Bolo wrote:
We have a year old female maine coon (Xena) and her fur gets big mats under
her legs,we comb her out everyday,is there anything else we can do to reduce
the matting?

My Maine coon is 17, and won't stand for more than a few strokes
of grooming with any kind of cat brush or comb or shedding blade,
unless I nearly sit on him.

Some diets in the past seemed to make his hair more frizzy and prone
to matting than others, especially when I'd tried the Light and Senior
versions (which also caused awful dander).

I have a groomer who is good with cats trim his lower belly between the
legs and his butt area very short. She calls it a "sanitary clip."
I also have her shorten the long hair on the back of the thighs
somewhat, because he sometimes tangles there.

--
jamie )

"There's a seeker born every minute."