Old January 14th 17, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Flying Kitty, Anyone?

On 1/13/2017 2:52 PM, John Kasupski wrote:
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 11:07:22 -0800, Joy wrote:

Yup. There's no education like a cat, is there?

A few months ago I did a humorous speech about cats and dogs. I started
by saying:

"Whether training involves a dog or a cat, the first and most important
thing is that the animal understands who is in charge. Once a dog
understands that you are the boss, he will do everything he can to
please you. Once a cat knows that you understand she is the boss, she
will be pleased."

I've often expressed a similar sentiment: When somebody gets a dog, they think
to themselves, "Cool, I now own a dog" - but when somebody gets a cat, the cat
thinks to itself, "Cool, I now own a human."

John D. Kasupski
Niagara Falls, NY

My cat Persia (RB 2014) pretty much barged her way into my life. One
cold January night (I lived in the Memphis, TN area at the time) she
showed up at the back door to my patio, yowling her head off. I
couldn't get her to go away. It was supposed to be abuut 23F that night
so as darkness fell I drove to the store down the street. Grabbed a bag
of kibble, a litter box and litter. Sure enough she was still there
when I got back. I let her inside. I could tell immediately from her
catitude, "Yep, I own you now!"

Jill