Old January 29th 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default My apology

No cluons were harmed when CatArtist wrote:

I've been going to the four or five groups I joined tonight to
post a message introducing my cats, but I probably shouldn't
do that here. I guess I didn't understand that it wasn't
proper for a new member to mention a blog about their
cats. Again, I apologize, and since my membership is causing
some discomfort, I will unsubscribe from the group.

Actually, it is your clueless attempt to inject a commercial sales attempt
into the group.

There is nothing wrong with ANYONE mentioning their cat-based blog here,
new or otherwise. If the URL is to an actual cat based blog, and not to a
sales brochure, that is great. If you have a cat based blog, and it has a
link to your sales page, that is great. If the URL, or your posts here are
nothing more than an attempt to sell us something, we generally get ****ed
off at your blatant disregard for the main focus of the group - our cats.

It is good that you have cat related artwork. I wish you luck. But we are
not a captive market to be exploited in your attempts to find cheap
advertising.

Please feel free to introduce your cats, and be part of our community.
Feel free to put a .sig on your cat related posts, saying "we have cat
artwork at http://blah.blah.com" if you like. Some of us may even check it
out.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark