Old May 7th 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Expectations about weight OT

Christina Websell wrote:
I keep seeing posts on here about weight, how much is good and how
much isn't.
Yesterday we had a family reunion and the first thing my younger
uncle's wife said to me was "Oh, I'm glad to see you are still
slim." I haven't seen her for two years.
What's that about?
Does it matter to my family what my weight is? I hope not. What if
since the last time she saw me I had got enormously fat? What would
she had said then? I know what she would have said actually. "I
have a diet that you might like to go on.." She is obsessed about
being slim. Huh, I told her the thinner she is the more wrinkles
she'll have. ;-)
Tweed

Heh, maybe she's worried her husband will put on the pounds as he gets
older and since you're related, it's a good sign that you're keeping
slim ;-)
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness