Old May 7th 06, 07:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Expectations about weight OT

Some women are completely obsessed with how fat or thin other women
are. I have a sister who will go out of her way to tell others how big
their butt looks in the pants they are wearing, how they have gotten
"too thin" or a myriad of other personal insults too numerous to list.
I chalk it up to the fact that she is incredibly insecure in her own
self-image and the only way she can make herself feel better is to
imagine how inferior others are to herself.
And people wondered why I used to prefer to hang with guys at work...
-L.

Again may I offer my take on this (OT) *catty* offeriing by
Tweed's inlaw: "Meow"! Do nasty people really need a reason
to be that way?
Give them excuses and they'll continue their rudeness; give
them something to think about right then and there.....and
they may think twice before blatting out comments on your
appearance........mmm?