Old June 10th 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Bikini Waxing

On 2006-06-09, CatNipped penned:
"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message

Well, obviously you should do whatever makes you feel comfortable.
My mom tried to shame me into shaving, and even told me, "If you
weren't dating [ex-bf], you would have to shave to get a
boyfriend." Hrmph! Hasn't been true thus far in my life, and
obviously that kind of BS is what I'm still reacting to
(sub)consciously today.

Yeah, I can see where you'd rebel - that was an awful thing to say
(but then reading about your mom, that one doesn't surprise me).

*sigh* sadly true. Therapy is helping immensely. I'm really starting
to understand myself, for example why my anger (even rage) flares up
so easily. No wonder, when I had to deal with these kinds of
comments! It's hard to be mad at your mom, so I found ways to
redirect.

I love my mother. Please don't take anything I say as meaning
anything other than that. I also know that she loves me and never
meant to hurt me. I can only assume she has her own emotional
baggage. As they say, children don't come with a manual.

I think some of my feelings about this issue come from having grown
up in a different era. I certainly don't think I should tell
someone else what's right for them, I'm a *FIRM* believer in
"different strokes for different folks".

I think the vast, vast majority of people in my generation expect
women to shave all sorts of places, and consider it gross if they
don't. *shrug* I agree with "different strokes," for sure.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully