Old September 9th 03, 06:59 PM
KellyH

"IBen Getiner" wrote in message
m...

It is a nervous behaviour that has no purpose whatsoever. I have
scolded our cat about this on numerous times, but he still does it
anyway. We even bathed him on a regualar basis thinking it was
something bad on his coat. But it did no good.

OMG, PLEASE don't listen to this guy! You think a cat grooming itself is a
BAD behavior?? That's what cats do! Why in the hell are you scolding your
cat for grooming? What is wrong with you? Do that cat a favor and give it
to someone who will treat it properly. You should never bathe a cat unless
it is exceptionally dirty. You say cats aren't supposed to groom
themselves? Then why are they physically designed to groom themselves?
Their tongues are made to clean their bodies.

It's another fetish. Some cats never outgrow it. Cats are
fetish-driven animals. They are obsessive and compulsive and they do
as they please. But isn't that why we love them?
Seriously, though... I think it must bring them back to the moment
when they slid out of the womb or something. It issues them some
comfort. Comfrot being something else that they seek with equal vigor.

Yes it is probably comforting for these kittens to burrow, and a lot of cats
continue to do that into adulthood. Why do you call it a fetish? You make
it sound bad or dirty. People hug and cuddle together. Why? Because it's
comforting. Do you call that a "fetish"?

You know absolutely nothing about cats. Please stop giving out bad advice!

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net