Old January 3rd 05, 08:55 AM
Jeffery P.

On 2 Jan 2005 10:48:30 -0800, wrote:

All the books I read say that feeding your cat "premium cat food" is
essential. Would Costco's Kirkland brand cat food qualify as "premium"
cat food? Would my cat be better off with a brand name, like Iams?

What is the definition of "premium" cat food anyway? What should I be
looking for and what should I avoid at all costs?

-Fleemo

I have been purchasing cat food from an independent distributor for
the last while and I would strongly recommend it to anyone. The brand
of food is called Riplees Ranch but I have never seen it in stores and
I believe it can be only bought from independant distributors.

I didnt think it would have made much difference until one of my cats
got loose from his leash and was taken into the local humane society.
When he was picked up and assessed by two vets at the shelter they
concluded that he was anywhere from 4 to 6 years old. My cat was
almost 12. When I found him at the shelter they were amazed at the
actual age of my kitty and asked what I was feeding him because
according to his coat, condition and teeth they would not have guessed
he could be any older than 6. They concluded that the food I was
feeding him really was making a difference and they tried the food for
themselves and concluded that it was indeed a better quality food than
the brand they were using at the time, and both have since changed
their food for their own pets. It is a little pricey compared to most
others out there, but as I had to find out the hard way, it is well
worth it.