Old August 12th 10, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

Default vaccine reaction with vomiting and bloody diarrhea

"Nadia N." wrote
cshenk wrote:

Nadia would you be US military associated? Doesnt really matter. One
thing you need to check is the vaccination requirements to bring a pet to
the next country. There is some controversy in how fast a vaccination
fades, but there is little doubt on what is required per country be
'current'.

No military or US associations of any kind :-) I'm Canadian. I will
probably be moving back to Canada at some point, but not for years yet.

Ok, keep an eye on Canada. It's less restrictive best I know.

As far as I know, Canada only requires a current rabies vaccination for
pets entering the country. I don't think that a reaction to the 3-in-1
vaccine means that Sweety will have a reaction to the rabies vaccine as
well, but at this time I don't plan to vaccinate her against rabies
either. There is no rabies in Spain, and she is indoors-only, so there is
no need for it. If/when it comes time to move back to Canada, I'll discuss
the issue the vet and follow his recommendations.

Good idea. My cat gets the rabies shot but there are 2 reasons. She was
feral for an unknown number of years, and we have local problems with rabid
bats and squirrels. Although a bat would be rare within 2 miles of me, the
squirrels jump all over my yard and potentially could get in the screened
porch if determined.

Fortunatly the worst I have ever had from other than the roomates cat, was a
nasty look when getting a vaccination.