Old November 10th 03, 05:05 PM
MaryL

"Joe Canuck" wrote in message
.. .

I want to raise this to everyone's attention here. Steve Crane pointed
this out in a post buried in another thread here, however this warrants
a thread of its own to bring the information "up front" so to speak.

October 15th issue of JAVMA (Volume 223 Number 8) details a study in
which it was discovered dogs feed only Nutro products had a nutritional
deficiency that severely affect their health.

If Nutro can produce dog food that has this effect, then their cat food
may not be the best either. Note I said *may*.

This appears to go hand-in-hand with Nutro having pulled the proximate
analysis information from their website sometime ago while also changing
the formulation of their food at least on the cat side.

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck

Here is a good source for cat food nutritional information:
http://www.sugarcats.net/sites/jmpeerson/canfood.html

They have included a statement about Nutro at the top of the page. You
might be interested in the information they included.

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'
http://tinyurl.com/8y54 (Introducing Duffy to Holly)