Old May 4th 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
22brix

Default Latest Update on Tortle

"sheelagh" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 4 May, 05:24, "22brix" wrote:

Hi Bonnie, It is simply nice to hear you around again. I am absolutely
delighted that Tortle is doing so well. You went through a really
rough patch a while back there, & I really did feel for you, but there
wasn't very much that I could do for you, other than be there.

You've through your share of rough patches, too! It was really hard to lose
Molly in the middle of Tortle's illness--it is nice to know there are people
out there who understand how we feel about our cats and how attached we get
to them.

As I certain you must already be aware, I am not very knowledgeable
about the medical side of cats, but it does sound like Phil is pleased
with Tortle too, so I am taking this as a very good sign that you will
be off the meds in the not too distant future. what more could we ask
for? I'm more than pleased for you, this is the news that you
needed.....

Tortle will be happy, too, when the only attention I give to her is good
attention! One of the worst things about this whole thing is how it's
affecting her personality. She still trusts me for the most part but seems
to know when we're about to give her fluids. She doesn't run away or hide
but tries to get smaller and hunches away from me and just looks pathetic.
After we give her the fluids (and it's a BIG struggle) she is withdrawn the
rest of the day. At least now it's only every third day but when we were
doing it daily she never seemed to emotionally recover from it. And it's
hard for her not to have Molly around--Molly was her comfort and that was
taken away from her.

My Lilac is just coming into blossom *Now*, & I can't but help of
thinking about our old Jasper. It used to be his favourite sunning
spot before he died last year, so that is where we buried him, so that
he could always watch the sun rise & also go down every day. My
sadness is still there, but I no longer weep as I pass it anymore.
It's good to know that his spirit runs free whilst we care for his
mortal remains....

I know--I still find myself in tears at weird times thinking about Molly. I
never saw her as a young cat and she was pretty sedate by the time I got
her. I like to envision her playing without pain from creaky old joints,
eating good, normal, nonpresciption food and enjoying it, sleeping curled in
the sunlight, healthy and happy.

Hearing wonderful news like this also raises another sheer grin of
pleasure.. the sort that won't wipe itself off of your face, even if
you try?!!I bet she is feeling 100% better to the way she was feeling
a while back too, & what more could we possibly ask for?
I have a very busy home today. All of our kittens have just come home
as well as their foster mother and her 2 kittens as well. Their
guardian has gone into hospital to have her kneecap replaced tomorrow,
so we have them all here for the next 14 days or so, by which time it
will nearly be time for their 1st injections..

Oh my--you are going to be busy (and crowded!) Sounds like fun!

My time seems to fly, doesn't it?

Best wishes to you Bonnie & to Tortle too of course!!

S;o)

Thanks!

Take care, Bonnie