Old July 20th 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Default OT - Mousie misery

On Jul 19, 7:30*pm, "Cheryl" wrote:
I think I will have to have one of my Lisas euthanized. *She has a lame paw
and I don't know how it happened, definitely not a fall outside of the tank
but maybe the wheel. I use the solid plastic ones and now I read they can be
just as dangerous as the mesh or wire ones. Who knew? *Any way, she is
separated from her Lisa sisters in a smaller tank with nothing to get hurt
on and no one to bug her and her food in shallow dish and water bottle easy
to reach. Until I can call TED tomorrow and see if she thinks she should be
euthanized. *Everything I read about injured feet in mice say either
amputation or euthanization.

I'm no mosuie expert but the choice between foot amputation and
euthenasia in d*gs and cats is an easy one. I've met many cats and
d*gs who were missing a foot and got along fine. I once failed to mind
my own business when a young vet was telling a couple that they "might
as well have him put away because otherwise he will be miserable on
three legs" about their little d*g. They used to bring their merry
little d*g into my store every few weeks to thank me for saying
something. He lived nine years on three legs with apparent pleasure.

--
Will in New Haven