Old November 7th 03, 04:43 AM
Chris

I know I'm speaking heresy here but.... In the last year I 'tamed' 2 young
guys about this age and a 1/12 year old guy all of whom had lived outside
and woud not let anyone touch them. One I kept & the other two were
successfully adopted. I never used a crate but I do have a 2nd bathroom
that I could put them in for a few days & an attached (also closed off
room). I made the bathroom their 'safe' place & put the litter box in there
& the food dishes right at the door as I don't think they normally like to
eat too close to box. I admit that i had to crawl under the bed a few times
but all ended up sleeping on my bed in a couple of weeks. I have one cat
( the kitten I kept) who is particularly sweet and he was invaluable in
drawing out the second kitty. The new guy followed him around like a puppy
dog & ultimately just made himself at home. Maybe I was lucky but it did
work out really well. I did take them all to the vet pretty quickly as I
was concerned about fleas & any medical problems that might impact on my
cats. None of them liked it but then neither do mine!
"Aimee S" wrote in message

Wanted to thank everyone again, I caught her today. She is NOT happy..
I will take her to the vet soon, but want to get her a bit more used to
people. I have her in a large crate, with litter and food. Tonight I
reached in with a glove on and pet her for a very long time, she finally
purred for a little bit, then hissed at me again. But it's a start.
I know about leukemia, I worked for a vet for a few years, loved the job
and hope to return soon. I am keeping her in a crate like I said, and in
a seperate room from my other cats. Gonna take some time to tame, I
really want to get some Advantage on her soon too, but we'll see.

Again thanks, this is a great group, everyone is so nice and helpful,
means so much to me.

Anymore hints on taming will be appreicated, haven't had to tame a
kitten since I was a little kid.

Hope I can help anyone that needs help too, last summer I bottle fed
newborns that their mother abandoned. That was an education.

Aimee