Old April 22nd 04, 04:31 AM
Marina

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote

As a result, before the law came into
effect, it is beleived that some private owners released their animals

into the
wild rather than the animal be euthanised or end up in someone else's zoo

here
in the UK or abroad.

This I don't understand. Why would they not want them to end up in another
zoo where they would have been looked after properly? Or maybe I could
understand if they couldn't be sure whether they would be euthanised or sent
to another zoo. But still. You'd think public awareness of the dangers of
letting out non-native animals into the wrong environment would be at a
level where no-one would dream of doing it. Obviously not. Just the other
day, there was another hit on a mink farm here in Finland, and thousands of
minks were let out. Personally, I think farming animals for their fur should
be banned, but this is not the right way to go.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki