Old November 6th 05, 04:00 AM

Default Animal Collecting - Looking for some discussion!

Glad you posed the topic, Claudia.
Voice of the Animals is a 501c3 for animal welfare/rescue. We had a
classic example of what you describe almost 4 years ago. We were
called in to help an elderly lady with a large number of cats that she
said she could not care for any longer.
In actuality, she was hoarding and trying to breed for munchkins,
siamese, himmies, persians, etc. She was also aware of satan cult
activities but would never acknowledge it or try to stop it.

We brought almost 60 cats/kittens out of there. The inbreeding was
unbelievable. Felv base is many and a predisposition to herpes virus.

There is a big difference between loving many animals and trying to
help them vs. collecting and letting them breed and die from inbred
diseases.

We see other situations similar but not quite as many at a time as we
did with that group 4 years ago. Please stay in touch and we can share
other experiences with you. Email: .
Ed/Cheryl