Old June 26th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Do cats get strep throat?

Ketzl's Dad wrote:

What's the difference between an Italian mother and a Jewish mother?

The Italian mother says, "Eat your chicken soup or I'll kill you!"
The Jewish mother says, "Eat your chicken soup or I'll kill myself!"

LOL. And you have a bit of each in your family, don't you? Which
brings up the terrifying thought about what a Jewish-Italian mother
might do if you didn't eat your soup.

But with all the ragging on these stereotypical mothers, I have to say
I feel somewhat deprived, not having had either one. I did grow up Jewish,
but my mother was a convert. And while you can convert to the religion,
you cannot convert to the culture. You have to grow up with it. My mother
grew up Protestant, and will never be a Jewish mother! I've always been
sort of sorry about that.

Joyce