Old September 27th 07, 11:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Patc

Default Post-op Cat

My cat has had 2 serious back leg injuries one after the other & was
confined to a play pen for a number of weeks.
He has since been gradually allowed a bit more freedom as the weeks
pass.
I now let him go into the garden whilst I am there to watch him.
Once he used to urinate/defecate in certain spots in the garden (as
does his brother), however now he refuses to go in the garden & once
back inside uses the litter tray.
I use Natty Cat litter which is pelletised grass.
I would like to try a get him to use the outside when I'm around but
I'm getting nowhere. I've tried emptying the remains of the litter
tray in the garden & put him on it, but to no avail, as summer is
nearly here I really don't want to come home to these odours, we live
in a house were it is almost impossible to hide away the litter tray,
BTW it's one of those ones with a lid etc., but still gives off bad
odours!
He has also developed some other strange behaviour..he hisses at
buckets! ANY bucket!
He wags his tail a lot of the time & miaouws all the time for no
reason.
He has a limp but the vet says that this is now permanent but he
shouldn't be experiencing a lot of pain.
Other wise he is, as always, a really happy cat & a purr box.

Many thanks for any advice in advance

Pat