Old September 17th 03, 07:37 PM
Daedalus

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:32:54 -0400, Dee , wrote:

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Agua Girl wrote:

"Dee" wrote in message

In rec.pets.cats.rescue Cat Protector wrote:
As negative as they are satanists are considered a Paganistic religion.

Satanism is, by necessity, based upon Christianity.

The problem is with absolute definition versus accepted definition.
Pagan is actually anyone who believes in a faith system other than
Christianity. Gandhi was a Pagan...as was Buddha and the Dali
Lama. Currently the word "pagan" is used to describe neo-pagans..
an earth based religion. As such, neo-pagans do not believe in Satan or
any being incompassing all evil. So in the accepted meaning,
Satanist are not pagans. Definitions are always so tricky G.

Well, that's what *I* was trying to say! In order to worship Satan
(Lucifer) you had to have "God" cast Lucifer out of heaven for him to
exist in his current state. Christianity.

Not really. "Satan" was a concept that Chirstianity took from Pagans
in the first place. They just made him into a fallen angel.

Jade

Sorry about the OT posts cat folks. I'm done!

Oops...I was too. Dang! :-)

d0h! You made me do it!

Dee