Old November 23rd 09, 05:52 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
Bill Graham

Default Renal failure in younger cats

"Kelly Greene" wrote in message
In searching around the web and looking at a cat memorial... the number of
cats dying of renal failure is shocking. Years ago when I worked in an
animal hospital in the city, this was a disease of old cats. Now I see
people losing much younger animals to this disease. Anyone have any idea
why it's becoming so common?

I don't know, but if I had to guess, it would be the food. Cheap, poorly
made food, probably imported from China (or someplace similar) and with no
inspection by our government agency that is supposed to be doing things like
that, but is really just wasting the taxpayers money. If you really care
about your cats (and other pets) you should feed them fresh fish and chicken
and avoid canned "pet food". I have been told that there is a vitamin that
cats need, but I bet you can buy it separately and add it to fresh meats for
your cat. I try to feed my cats the same food that I eat myself. - At least
the meat and milk. I figure that if it doesn't hurt my kidneys, it probably
won't hurt theirs.