Old March 6th 09, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default wasting cat

My wife just called with the test results - kidney failure. The cat
seems comfortable today but eats nothing and does not move.
in fairness to the holistic vet, she divined kidney trouble when we
brought her in in December - no tests but she said she could feel it
by palpating (sp). I took a dim view - she seemed to be trying to
hustle us into buying her very expensive brand of dog food. Offering
acupuncture and homeopathic meds didn't give me any confidence.
Anyway, she was as right as $200 in tests.
The cat was active, spry, until a very few days ago.
We will decide what to do tonight - dax